Top 10 Nanda Nursing Diagnoses for nursing students….
10. Fluid volume deficit r/t dehydrating effects of caffeine
associated with increased student sightings at coffee bars.
9. Impaired social interactions r/t inappropriate topics of
conversation associated with incessant discussions of bowel and
8. Sexual dysfunction r/t time constraints and stress-induced
impotence associated with increased irritability of nursing students
and their significant others.
7. Functional constipation r/t lack of time to go to the bathroom
associated with moving at the speed of light and still not getting
6. Impaired skin integrity r/t increased intake of fat, chocolate, and
alcohol associated with return to adolescent facial breakouts.
5. Anticipatory grieving r/t impending midterms and final exams
associated with crying fits in October, December, March, and May.
4. Maturational enuresis r/t trauma-induced regression to childhood
associated with frequent changing of linens.
3. Ineffective individual coping: obsessivecompulsive behaviors r/t
high demand of nursing school associated with continual checking and
rechecking of calendars, date books, course syllabi, and other nursing
students to reassure that one is not forgetting assignments.
2. Altered thought processes: caffeine-induced psychosis r/t increased
1. Self-care deficit r/t being a nursing student.